What is CC Cream?
Whether you want to cover blemishes, smooth skin texture and tone or test out a luminous look, there is a makeup product that will complement any complexion. So, what is CC cream?
It is a color-control and color-correcting cream. Like tinted moisturizers, primers and BB creams (known as blemish balm, beauty balm or blemish base creams), CC is typically lighter in texture than foundation. But similar to foundation, it is used to smooth and even out facial skin tones and provide flawless coverage.
What is It Used For?
This cream is used to reduce the appearance of redness and dark spots and to improve uneven skin tones while providing smooth coverage on the face.
It’s also an alternative option for those who don’t want to use foundation or would prefer the no-makeup makeup look. However, some people like using it as a primer before applying foundation and concealer.
CC and BB creams work in similar ways and provide the same beauty benefits. However, the main difference between CC and BB cream is that CC is a color-correcting product that smooths and improves dull and uneven skin tone, while BB cream is a blemish balm that covers up blemishes if you suffer from spot-prone skin.
What Are the Benefits?
Using this cream provides many beauty benefits, including:
- Protecting against the sun’s UV rays (however, if you are using CC cream you still need to use SPF).
- Combatting the appearance of aging since they are normally formulated with anti-aging properties.
- Improving uneven skin tone and boosting its appearance.
- Multi-purpose use: CC cream can be used as a primer, tinted moisturizer or as an alternative to foundation.
- Reducing the appearance of redness.
- Reducing the appearance of hyperpigmentation spots, which is handy if you have a darker skin tone and are prone to breakouts.
- Hiding dark circles under the eyes and brightening dull facial skin so that you can look fresh for the day.
- Providing smooth and sheer coverage on the face for a flawless look.
The Best CC Products
Now that you know all about this makeup item, it is time to find the best one for you. For the best creams, check out our recommendations!
1. IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Illumination SPF 50+
For the holy grail, look no further than IT Cosmetics’ CC+ Cream Illumination SPF 50+. Despite its price tag ($44), it is a very popular beauty product in the industry. It is specially formulated (with hydrolyzed collagen, hyaluronic acid, niacin, peptides and antioxidants) to brighten, hydrate, protect and moisturize dull skin. It also provides your face with a glow and shields your skin from the sun’s UV rays.
For a cheaper and compact version, try the Mini CC+ Cream with SPF 50+. It’s sold for $17.
2. Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Color Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30
Oil-free and non-comedogenic, Clinique’s Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Color Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 provides moderate coverage and a natural and hydrating finish in an instant. And with SPF 30, your complexion is protected against the sun’s UV rays. You can get it for $40.
3. e.l.f. Cosmetics Camo CC Cream
For an affordable option that caters to all budgets, try the e.l.f. Cosmetics Camo CC Cream. It’s formulated with hyaluronic acid, niacinamide, peptides and collagen. Available in 16 shades, this product is 100% vegan and cruelty-free and provides medium-to-full coverage with a natural finish for a smoother, plumper and impeccable complexion so you can skip on using foundation. It’s also more affordable, at $15.
4. Chanel CC Cream Super Active Complete Correction Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50
This Chanel CC cream works as a tinted moisturizer with five ultimate superpowers:
- It provides even skin tone.
- It hydrates the skin.
- It is color correcting.
- It provides SPF protection.
- It illuminates the face.
With a long-lasting formula infused with murunga plum extract and hyaluronic acid, this cream provides medium-to-full coverage, suppleness and a glowing finish. This is a more expensive option, at $55.
5. Erborian CC Red Correct
If you suffer from redness-prone skin and need something that you can take with you on the go, check out the Erborian CC Red Correct. Lightweight, priming and easy to use while traveling, this product corrects redness and evens out the complexion for a radiant finish. It’s price point is $25.