Fun and Exciting Drinks for Everyone
Start creating exciting concoctions with amazing alcoholic beverages like Skyy vodka and Wild Turkey Bourbon; here are 9 amazing cocktail recipes for your next shindig.
Skyy vs. Wild Turkey Bourbon Cocktails
Skyy vodka and Wild Turkey Bourbon are both popular spirits used in a variety of cocktails, but they offer distinct differences in taste and flavor. Skyy vodka is known for its smooth, clean taste and is often used as a base spirit in many classic cocktails such as the Cosmopolitan and Martini.
On the other hand, Wild Turkey Bourbon is a rich and full-bodied whiskey that is perfect for sipping or mixing in cocktails like the Old Fashioned and Manhattan. The Bourbon has a sweet and spicy flavor with notes of vanilla and caramel, while Skyy vodka has a subtle sweetness with hints of citrus. Ultimately, the choice between Skyy and Wild Turkey Bourbon will depend on personal preference and the type of cocktail being made.
Aperol Spritz Cocktail vs. Wild Turkey Drinks
Aperol Spritz and Wild Turkey are two vastly different beverages, catering to distinct preferences and occasions. One is a refreshing and light cocktail, while the other is a robust and potent bourbon.
- Aperol Spritz: Aperol Spritz is a popular Italian aperitif cocktail known for its refreshing and bittersweet taste. It is made with Aperol, an orange-flavored liqueur with a pronounced bitterness, combined with Prosecco (sparkling wine) and a splash of soda water. The result is a delightful balance of citrusy and herbal notes with a slight effervescence.
- Wild Turkey: Wild Turkey is a straight bourbon whiskey, known for its full-bodied and rich flavor. It is aged in charred oak barrels, imparting deep caramel, vanilla and toasted oak flavors, accompanied by the characteristic warmth of alcohol. Wild Turkey offers a strong and distinctive taste that appeals to bourbon enthusiasts.
- Aperol Spritz: Aperol Spritz is a perfect choice for warm weather and summer gatherings. Its light and effervescent nature make it an ideal aperitif to kick off an evening or as a refreshing drink by the pool. It's popular at brunches, outdoor parties, and events where a lighter alcoholic beverage is preferred.
- Wild Turkey: Wild Turkey is better suited for cooler evenings and intimate settings where sipping on a rich and complex bourbon is enjoyed. It pairs well with hearty meals, cigars, and gatherings that call for a more robust and intense drinking experience.
9 of the most Exciting & Tastiest Cocktails
There’s nothing more thrilling than making new cocktails for your friends and family. Let’s take a look at some of the best cocktails you can make today.
1. El Tesoro Tequila Cocktail
El Tesoro Tequila is a high-quality tequila that is perfect for creating delicious cocktails. Here's a recipe for an easy and refreshing El Tesoro Tequila cocktail:
- Two oz. El Tesoro Tequila.
- One oz. freshly squeezed lime juice.
- One oz. simple syrup.
- Three to four sprigs of fresh mint.
- Club soda.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with the lime juice and simple syrup.
- Add the El Tesoro Tequila and a handful of ice to the shaker.
- Shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds.
- Fill a glass with ice and strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Top with club soda.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and enjoy!
The Vesper was a drink invented and named by a fictional secret agent, James Bond. It’s a simple, yet classy cocktail perfect for any occasion. The recipe is quite simple:
- 15ml of Skyy Vodka.
- 45ml of Gin.
- 7.5ml of Lillet Blanc.
Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake it well for 10-15 seconds or until the outside becomes frosted. Now you can strain it into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish it with a lemon peel.
3. Old Fashioned
If you’re only ever going to make one bourbon cocktail, the Old Fashioned is the perfect one. Out of all the bourbon cocktail recipes, it is the most timeless. Here’s how you make it:
- Two parts Wild Turkey® 101 Bourbon.
- Quarter part simple syrup.
- Two dashes of bitters.
All you have to do is add Wild Turkey® 101 Bourbon and syrup to a mixing glass with ice. Then you will add two dashes of bitters and stir them together. You’ll now want to pour it over ice into a rocks glass and garnish it with an orange peel.
4. Sidecar 75
Sidecar 75, alongside French 75, are two of the greatest drinks. The ‘75 is often made with gin, but have you ever had it with Courvoisier Cognac? It’s the sidecar but made bubbly. Here’s the recipe:
- One ½ ounces of Courvoisier Cognac.
- ¾ ounces of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- ¾ of orange liqueur.
- One dash of orange bitters
- One ounce of French sparkling wine.
- One lemon wheel.
You will mix the Courvoisier Cognac, lemon juice, orange liqueur and orange bitters into a glass. You will then top it with French sparkling wine and garnish it with a lemon wheel.
5. Hennessy Margarita
The Hennessy margarita is a sophisticated drink that will have your guests wanting more. It is a classic margarita with the addition of Cognac. Here are the ingredients:
- One ½ ounces of tequila reposado.
- One ounce of Hennessy Cognac.
- One ounce of Cointreau (or Triple Sec).
- ½ ounce of lime juice.
- Lime wedges garnish.
Run a lime around the rim of a glass and dip the edge of the rim into a plate of salt. Place the tequila, Hennessy, Cointreau and lime juice in a cocktail shaker with one handful of ice cubes and shake until cold. Now you’ll want to strain the margarita into the glass with a salted rim. Fill with ice and serve.
6. Grand Marnier Mai-Tai
Your tastebuds will be screaming with this exceptional Mai-Tai. Here is the recipe:
- Grand Marnier® Napolean.
- Appleton Estatee® Signature Blend.
- 0.5 parts orgeat syrup.
- 0.5 parts fresh lemon juice.
- Ice cubes.
- Lime slice, mint and pineapple left to garnish.
Combine all of the liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake. Now strain it into a Collins. Add your desired garnish and voila!
7. Espaloma Cocktail
A take on the popular Paloma cocktail, the Espaloma Cocktail is a delightful drink for your next shindig. Take a look at the recipe:
- Two ounces of espolon tequila.
- Half-ounce triple sec.
- One ounce of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Half-ounce freshly squeezed grapefruit juice.
- Three dashes of aromatic bitters.
- Two ounces lemon-lime soda.
- Grapefruit or lime slice, for garnish.
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour the tequila, lime and grapefruit juices, triple sec and bitters. Shake it well and strain it into a highball glass with ice. Now top it up with soda and finish it off with a garnish of grapefruit or lime slice.
8. Glenmorangie X Blackcurrant
The Glenmorangie X Blackcurrant is the perfect drink for your next party. With its dark fruit sweetness, it’s sure to please even the pickiest drinkers. Check out the recipe:
- 50ml (2oz) X by Glenmorangie.
- 25ml (1oz) Lemon Juice.
- 12.5ml (1/2oz) Blackcurrant Cordial.
- 10ml (1/3oz) Agave Syrup.
Fill a highball glass with crushed ice and add the Glenmorangie, lemon juice and agave syrup. Now you’ll want to stir and then top it with blackcurrant cordial. Garnish it with a lemon wheel and a blackberry.
9. Royal Flush
The Royal Flush drink is an ideal way to use Crown Royal whiskey! Just mix it with cranberry juice and peach schnapps for a sophisticated cocktail. Here are the ingredients:
- One ounce of peach schnapps.
- Two ounces of Crown Royal whiskey.
- One ½ ounces of 100% unsweetened cranberry juice.
- One teaspoon of simple syrup (omit if using sweetened cranberry juice).
- Club soda.
- Ice, for serving.
First, you’ll fill a lowball glass with ice. Now you’ll add the peach schnapps, Crown Royal, cranberry juice and simple syrup, and stir gently. Add a splash of soda water if you’d like; now serve!