Protect Against the Sun with these Fashionable Sunglasses
By now, you should be aware of the importance of wearing sunglasses to protect your eyes. According to optometrists, wearing sunglasses daily is just as crucial to maintaining good eye health as using sunscreen or brushing your teeth.
But not all sunglasses are made to endure the intense sunshine that frequently surrounds bodies of water.
Sunlight is one thing, but polarized sunglasses are something else. If you want to buy yourself a pair but are not sure what to go for or how to narrow down your selection, keep on reading and get your answers down below.
How to Pick the Best Sunglasses: Important Tips to Follow
Select sunglasses that offer 100% protection from UVA and UVB radiation and UVB rays. Some sunglasses claim to block out 100% of UVA and UVB rays, while others claim to block out 100% of UV 400 rays. Figure out what you need by understanding the sensitivity of your eyes and by considering the temperature in which you'll be wearing them.
Take your shades to an eye clinic or glasses shop. Many places own a UV light meter that may be used to test the level of protection sunglasses provide. This way, you will know exactly what you're working with and what you own. If you are buying a new pair, read the label when purchasing them.
Be wary of colorblindness. Dark lenses don't provide any additional protection from UV light despite their stylish appearance. The cheap shades aren't something you should automatically dismiss. Sunglasses that filter 100% of UV rays, yet cost much less than the competition, may not be any more effective.
Consider a pair of polarized sunglasses. Glare from reflective surfaces, like water or pavement, can be mitigated by polarization. It does not offer any additional protection from the sun, but it can make activities like driving or being on the water safer or more enjoyable.
Top 5 Best Sunglasses for Men & Best Sunglasses for Women
1. Ray-Ban RB3025 Classic Aviator Sunglasses
Enjoy complete protection from UVA and UVB radiation! Ray-Ban is a popular brand that offers a ton of cool and gorgeous shades for you to enjoy. This classic & classy aviator pair is both scratch- and break-resistant. Their lenses reduce the strength of the sun's rays, reducing eye strain from outdoor activities like driving. When it comes to this model, in particular, you're going to love them since they're available in loads of different shades and frame colors. These glasses are a unisex model for anyone to rock.
- A well-known and popular brand.
- Perfect for guys and girls.
- Great aviator style with crystal lens.
- Many options and colors to choose from.
- A bit pricey.
2. Warby Parker
Have you ever owned a pair of Warby Parker sunglasses? If not, now might be a good time to give them a go. These are made from hand-polished cellulose acetate and are gender-neutral sunglasses with polarized lenses that provide good clarity. If you want to try out something that is not too pricey and has a cool (new) model & brand, these are the choice for you. There are three different colors for you to choose from, and you can get a discount code if you buy two pairs.
- Good price point.
- Scratch-resistant lenses that block 100% of UV rays.
- Three different colors to choose from.
- They can be worn by guys and girls.
- Can be bent easily.
- No adjustable nose pads.
3. REKS Polarized Round Sunglasses
Those on a budget and who are quite clumsy will enjoy this pair. These polarized sunnies have an unbreakable frame and are available in five different colors. These sunglasses protect eyes easily while being scratch-resistant and are a durable pair that is anti-reflective. Plus, they offer 100 percent UV 400 protection. Rek's multi-layer lens coating technology makes them the ultimate choice for all outdoor activities. You will also get a case with your purchase. They are not gender-specific but are the ultimate glasses for sporty people.
- Five shades to choose from.
- UV 400 protection.
- Anti-reflective & durable.
- Perfect for outdoor activities.
- Super affordable.
- Not as chic/fashionable as some other pairs.
4. MCM’s Butterfly Sunglasses
If you are a fan of butterfly glasses, these are for you. This pair might suit ladies the best due to its feminine color combo. Gradient lenses complete the feminine silhouette for a sophisticated look, perfect for most important meetings & events. These protection sunglasses have 100% UV Protection. They are made in Italy and come in only one color - brown. If you're looking for a classy or bougie pair, these glasses may work best for you.
- Great high-end pair.
- Perfect for women.
- 100% UV protection.
- Durable & classy.
- Very pricey.
- Not for men.
5. Oakley Men's Oo4123 Holbrook Metal Square Sunglasses
Guys who want to rock a classy modern pair, as well as those who love to have options, will enjoy these by Oakley. You can get them in five different and unique colors and can enjoy their patented Plutonite® lens that blocks 100% of UVA, UVB, UVC, and harmful blue light up to 400nm. You're also going to love the stainless steel frame and the fact that they're polarized. If you are an outdoor person who loves chic shades, these are for you.
- A well-known brand.
- Five different colors to choose from.
- They provide 100% of UVA, UVB, and UVC protection.
- Perfect for outdoor wear.
- Quite pricey.
- Not for women.
An honorable mention: If you are into sports and adrenalin-boosting activities, we recommend you check out Pit Viper. In the end, everyone will find something that suits them.
Finding the Right Sunglasses for Your Face
Your guide to sunglasses for different face shapes:
- Opt for angular frames with straight lines to add definition to your facial features.
- Wayfarer or rectangular frames can help create balance and make your face appear longer.
- Avoid round or oversized frames, as they can make your face look rounder.
- Choose sunglasses with rounded or curved frames to soften the angles of your face.
- Aviator or round frames can complement your strong jawline and add a touch of elegance.
- Avoid square or geometric frames as they may accentuate your facial structure.
- Oval faces can pull off a wide range of sunglasses styles.
- Experiment with different frame shapes like aviators, cat-eye, wayfarers, or oversized frames.
- Consider the proportions of your face when selecting sunglasses.
- Look for sunglasses with wider bottoms and narrower tops to balance your face shape.
- Cat-eye or butterfly frames can enhance your cheekbones and draw attention downward.
- Avoid oversized frames that overpower your delicate chin.
- Opt for oversized sunglasses or wraparound styles to add width to your face.
- Square or rectangular frames with rounded edges can help create a more balanced appearance.
- Avoid small frames that may make your face appear longer.
- Choose sunglasses that highlight your cheekbones and draw attention to your eyes.
- Cat-eye, oval, or rimless frames can complement your facial contours.
- Avoid overly wide or narrow frames that may exaggerate the width of your temples.
- Trying on different styles and shapes will ultimately help you find the perfect pair that suits your face shape and reflects your taste.